Re-modeling – Part 2


After a brief hiatus I’ve advanced the prep work for my World War II Reichpost delivery truck. I bought an aftermarket kit with new doors and a plethora of interior parts. The photo above illustrates a task that demanded a lot of time. Using my trusty X-Acto knife, I carefully cut out the doors molded as part of the cab, in order to replace them with the replacement doors shown. I’m happy to say that the aftermarket doors are a perfect fit for the cab frame.


The focal point for my diorama will be a group of American soldiers rummaging through the abandoned Reichpost vehicle. That made it necessary to create the items the G.I.s would be pawing through. The penny shows the scale of the mailbags, envelopes and packages I made. The pattern for the mailbags was available online, so I was able to replicate what was printed on them. Doing stuff like this sounds nutty to some readers, but my intention is to end up with a detailed, plausible historical scene.


I’ve also started painting the parts for the troops. As you can see, many of them are rather tiny. The scene I envision demands that the soldiers be assembled differently from the instructions. That will require a number of modifications, but I look forward to it.

I hope you will continue to follow what I believe will be an interesting topic for my blog. Thanks!

One thought on “Re-modeling – Part 2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s